Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Humans of New York

The past few weeks have been somewhat rough for me.

I think it has largely been due to the fact that I got to spend 2 glorious weeks back in Colorado.  Coming back to AL, where I have such a tiny support group and no real friends outside of my coworkers...it was hard. Leaving behind family and friends, coming back to an empty apartment. Trying to get back into the swing of things...not fun.

I longed to get back to Colorado, or at least go on a vacation. Everything would be better if I could just be somewhere else. 

Today I stumbled across this post from Humans of New York
"...if you can't figure out your problems in your present circumstances, you're probably not going to figure them out by running away from them."
A very true statement, and one that I am going to try and keep in mind when things get tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment