Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My first classroom

All right, so life has been a little crazy.  Between moving, car buying, AP Training, and then not having internet (or cell service!) for over a week I haven't had the chance to sit down and write a proper blog post.

Which is still in the works.

I thought I'd share a before and after of my new classroom.  The awesome thing is that I inherited A LOT of stuff.  Which I am incredibly thankful for, because I know many new teachers who can't say the same thing. It's a freaking Godsend for a new science teacher!

Unfortunately all of this stuff got unceremoniously dumped in my room.  Which has meant 15+ hours going through it all, getting rid of stuff, and figuring out where it all needed to go.  But we're getting there!

Enough writing, let's see some pictures!

The before. Made me want to cry. 

The after. Made me want to bathe in Lysol.

It's still a work in progress...but a HUGE improvement over the before. 

I won't even get into my OCD labeling, the cockroach poo or The Specimen Cabinet.  Those are all stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment