Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm all growed up

First day of work today!

It went really well.  I got up wayyyy earlier than I needed to (after having gone to bed way later than I should have), and then decided to leave super early to get to our district-wide staff meeting. I sure am glad I did, 'cause it took me 20 minutes to get to the school and another 25 just to park.

Our guest speaker was Erin Gruwell, the teacher that Freedom Writers is based on. She was so so motivational and inspirational.  Just what I needed to kick off my first year of teaching!

I bought the original book, and she autographed it for me! I even got a picture with her =)


Afterwards we had a school staff meeting which was super embarassing.  My interview process was compared to a Bachelor episode, complete with me accepting a t-shirt (the principal didn't have a rose at the time). Bright red cheeks aside, everyone was super friendly and I am so excited for this year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment