Saturday, August 10, 2013

Date Night

The Pilot (which is what we shall be calling the bf on the interwebs) was in town this weekend, so naturally we decided to have a little date night.

We attempted to start off the day with some pool time...but the clouds and rain forced us inside after a measly 20 minutes. Naturally, as soon as we got ready to leave, it was gorgeous out.

Spent some time at the mall, and then hit up a sushi place nearby. YUMMMMM.

I didn't think to take pictures until I was already almost done....whoops 

Next we hit up a hole-in-the-wall bar that some co-workers took me to a few weeks earlier. I really wanted the Abita Strawator, but they didn't have it.Instead, I had the Fox Barrel Blackberry Pear Cider (right). It was delicious! TP had the Bell's Oberon Ale (left).


Finally we went to a local wine store that was having wine tastings all night.  I typically do not like reds, but the Meiomi Pinot Noir (middle) was really, really good.  However, the best one, hands down, was the Castello de Nevie Moscato d'Asti (far right). It was heavenly. If you're into sweet wines, BUY THIS.


T'was quite a fun day, and I love my new hometown 

No comments:

Post a Comment